To fulfil its mission, the library commits to:
- Provide diverse information resources and services for the support of academic, research and community needs;
- Serve as a center for academic collection, archives, manuscripts, electronic resources, literary works, audio-visual resources, and artifacts of historic and cultural significance;
- Facilitate access and literacy in the utilization of information resources;
- Integrate Information Communication Technology in provision and access to library resources and services;
- Process and provide access to intellectual output of the University;
- Provide a conducive environment for study and research;
- Participate in Community Outreach activities.